Monday, September 26, 2011

Misc. Monday: A Little Blog Sugar



Blog Sugar was so much fun! It was refreshing to hear women who love Jesus talk candidly about how He has changed their lives, and inspire us to use our words and creativity to glorify Him. The decor was adorable, happy pink & orange. The dinner was yummy and the desserts, oh, the desserts. I really should have taken a picture because I had one of each... amazing!
I was brave enough to introduce myself to Julie whom I adore, and got to ask Jeannette what happened to baby Cliff (a sweet boy with Down's Syndrome who I donated $ to awhile back so he could find adoptive parents). They were both so kind and genuine and didn't make me feel silly at all.
A portion of the proceeds went to LOVE146, a charity that helps prevents child sex trafficking and offers aftercare for young girls. My heart just breaks for the injustices and hurt that takes place in the world. It is really unfathomable. I read through their website today, and felt honored to make a donation and tell you about their mission. Please visit their cause and see the amazing things they are doing.

http://www.love146.org/


9 comments:

  1. SO glad you were able to come and that I had a chance to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ladies look amazing!! I wish I had met you at Blog Sugar!! It was so amazing to listen to ladies talk openly and honestly about God and using our blogs for good! I was so encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you girls were able to attend; it sounds like it was amazing! And big props to you for introducing yourself to those bloggers. I would be way to shy to do that since I feel like a total blog stalker sometimes. At least you can say you know them now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i wish i was able to meet you at blog sugar! there just wasn't enough time was there? it was such an inspiring event! i can't wait for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish I was able to meet you at Blog Sugar! I met your friend Heather (I sat next to her at one of the sessions)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to see you after all these years Michelle! Glad you had a great time and were encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was a great night indeed. glad i was able to share it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it was super fun! our picture with the cotton candy turned out cute :) can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hooray for blog sugar! wish we would've met! love your blog;)

    ReplyDelete