Saturday, September 24, 2011

Sew Crafty Saturday: Cards???


I used plain shipping tags from Staples, fabric tape, and my printer.

Cute?

My name and my blog. How simple are they?
Tomorrow, I am going to Blog Sugar with two of my great friends, Amy and Heather. I don't know what to expect, but I'm really excited about it! It's a faith based conference put on by bloggers for bloggers. The "break out sessions" sound really fun. I'm particularly interested in the photography one I signed up for (I'm not very good), and I can't wait to hear Julie from Joy's Hope speak (she's one of the reasons I wanted to go). I wrote about my love for her a very long time ago. I don't even know her, but she really is an inspiration. Coincidentally, an old friend of mine from high school that I lost touch will be there too (I randomly saw her photo on a blog I frequent. How cool is that?), as well as cupcakes, so it should be a great night!
It was suggested to us to bring business cards to make friends and connect with other bloggers. Really? My blog is just a little thing. Amy's Mombot blog is on the road to becoming a tiny business, but if you are reading this, you know mine is... well, not. ;)Being a girl who follows directions though, I decided to make some little cards (just in case anyone asks), but that I don't feel obligated to pass out. They are really tags. That way if I'm too embarrassed to pass them out, I can use them for gifts or for our next craft fair. I wouldn't have made them if they couldn't be used for something else, you know! I'll tell you Monday if I used them or not and let you know how it went.

3 comments:

  1. Yay...Im going to blog sugar too! Cant wait to meet you! I hope you will link up with me here:
    http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com/2011/09/sweet-saturday-v6.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. silly girl, your tags were adorable!! don't doubt your craftiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I not get one of these CRAZY ADORABLE business cards???? Seriously!!!! Can't handle the cutenesss. I would have stole the lot of them, so maybe that's good.

    ReplyDelete