Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Wee-Ones Wednesday: So Long First Grade


 
 
Sadly, first grade came to a close for Lilly in an few action packed final weeks. First, she was awarded an overall outstanding academic award, which did not surprise us in the least! She loves school, reading and learning. What did surprise us was the PE award she received. It was for best in class; she didn't get that love of sweat from me!
 

 
Lilly's class performed a song about the good ol' USA at the school's year end talent show. Iris was so proud of her big sis!
  




 
Lilly was so proud to show us all of her fine work at Open House!



 
I was able to volunteer at Lilly's end of the year picnic in the park. I feel so blessed to be able to work part time so that I can be there for some of the exciting events at school. Lilly has matured so much this year. Her face has changed as she's lost more teeth. She's become more helpful and responsible. It seems like she grew a foot, and she needs all new summer clothes. It feels like yesterday was her first day of preschool, and I believe it when mothers tell me how fast time flies. But for now, she is still my little girl and I cherish every moment she reaches for my hand. 

1 comment:

  1. how fun! i luv the class shirts!! may have to steal that idea.. so proud of her accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete