Friday, September 2, 2011

Just A Fabulous Friday!

I know I usually share a fab find with you on Friday, but I really want to "talk" about our little announcement yesterday. We are so excited! The possibility of this baby was discussed for a long time, way more than the first two. Having two kids seemed like a no brainer to us, but throwing a third into the mix definitely took some thought. We always wanted to have a big family, but with two girls, I had fears of the drama another girl might bring. I am a girl, so I know how hormonal/emotional we can be and how hard we typically are on our mothers. I know the day will come when my girls think I am completely out of touch and clueless. I always loved the idea of a son who thought I was the best, and Dan didn't know anything at all.  ;)
But now we get asked if we are trying for a boy; some family members have innocently said they were praying for a boy, or people just talk about the possibility of a boy... and I have begun to feel badly for my possible, new little girl. My maternal instincts are so strong at the moment that I feel like I could have six daughters and we would be just fine! All of a sudden, I'm not worrying about the day when my girls think I don't "get it." I'm celebrating the fact that they will come to me when they are heart broken, want to share good news, or just want to go shopping. So for now I call the baby "she" because whoever the Lord decides to send our way will be just perfect!
P.S. Did you like the girls' outfits for the photo shoot? Those were the ones I made last week! Also, thank you Amy for taking our pics 2 hours before you left for your vacation. You're a great friend!!

3 comments:

  1. You are such a good Mother! May God always bless you and your family. (I love girls!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand where you are coming from. Our 1st two were boys and everyone assumed our third would be a girl. He was all boy and is such a darling, stubborn, unique personality. #4 everyone drove me nuts saying well this one HAS to be a girl. I spent that entire pregnancy saying I sure hope it's a boy. It was our first precious girl. Then everyone just assumed we were done since we "got" our girl. We now have 4 boys and 2 girls and people will always make assumptions on why you have children (which always seemed so rude to me, but so commonplace to everyone else!) Babies are so special and precious both boys and girls. Enjoy pregnancy #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we love you! we're praying for a healthy baby and mama! love watching your garden grow ;)

    ReplyDelete