Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sew Crafty Saturday: Cowboy & Cowgirl Birthday Party Prep

Iris and Henry were both born in March, so we are having a joint birthday party for them to celebrate. There are many themes that would have worked, but I've always loved the idea of a vintage cowboy party, especially after watching this old Disney cartoon. Check it out. My kids love it, and the house is filled with the best furniture. Here's some of the things I'm working on:





I designed the invitation myself using the website picmonkey
and free western fonts I downloaded.

I ordered the boot piƱata from Oriental Trading Co. only to get it in the mail and have everyone in my house tell me how small it is, so I bought a bigger one and figure the little kid can smash the boot, and the bigger kids can smack the badge. The pie tins will be used to pan for gold.

It's not a party if there aren't personalized water bottles.

Photo props just had to include ginger haired mustaches!

There will be bandana buntings everywhere.





...and so much more to do!!

3 comments:

  1. Very imaginative! I remember that cartoon. I was a TV cowboy fan and pretended to ride horses all the time on furniture, fences and playground equipment. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how cute is this going to be! So special.

    ReplyDelete