Monday, December 2, 2013

Misc. Monday: Dear Lilly


 

Dear Lilly,
I can't believe you turned 7 yesterday! You are growing up right before my eyes. I am so proud of you and who you are becoming. You have such a passion for life and learning. I am amazed at how you can commit a new word to memory, like the other night when you were reading in bed and  asked Daddy what "idiosyncrasy" means! Your love of reading reminds me of me, and I know someday we will discuss all the books we've read and make recommendations to each other. I still find if hard to believe that you are reading at a fourth grade level!  I can't help but smile when I watch you write poems, stories, songs, and  when you draw. You are very talented. And oh, how I love to watch you dance. Your love of Jesus bring tears to my eyes. You do such a great job looking out for your brother and sister, and you are a very good friend. Your enthusiasm is contagious. You light up the room. I love you, sweet girl. You are my first baby. I thank God for you each and everyday, and I pray that you follow hard after Jesus your whole life, and never forget "kindness and love."
Happy birthday, beautiful!
xo,
mommy

2 comments:

  1. What a lovley tribute to you first born beautiful daughter. Lilly is a treasure. We are all blessed!

    ReplyDelete