Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sew Crafty Saturday: Chrsitmas Craftiness

I don't know about you, but we wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for Christmas! Sadly, I just realized that I didn't take any pictures of our adorable November décor. Whoops! One of our favorite new things we did this year to remember all that we have to be grateful for was a fun Thanksgiving activity in a jar. I saw a few ideas on Pinterest and then made my own to suit our family's needs. I typed up strips saying thing like, "I'm thankful for my muscles. Do 15 jumping jacks." or "I'm thankful for my sister. Give her a big hug." or "I'm thankful for my dad. Do something nice for him." We had so much fun with it, that I made it with my class as a fun take home project. We also made a paper chain writing what we are thankful for on each chain.
Speaking of chains, my son is at that monster stage where he doesn't make it very easy to decorate. Knowing this, I decided to make it easier on myself and am not going to put any ornaments on our Christmas tree this year. We are going to decorate it with lights and a felt chain, and let the girls make crafty ornaments. I'm super excited to see how the tree turns out! As for now, many precious items are being placed well out of the monster's reach.






3 comments:

  1. Great ideas. The kids will love making the decorations. Maybe he'll leave the tree alone?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the crafts and Christmas at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the felt chain idea. So fun! You have to do what fits in your life right now...Hendricks won't be little forever...

    ReplyDelete