Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Wee-Ones Wednesday: The Happy Day Project

We are continuing with The Happy Day Project this week. Yesterday, Julie challenged us to write letters the good old-fashioned way... with a pen. I sent a letter to my Grandma in Minnesota and Lilly wrote a nice note to her Grammy. It feels so good to do something that you know will make someone smile. I feel like I've been in a better mood all week. There are a few more letters I look forward to writing... I appreciate being reminded that such a simple act can brighten someone's day.
Today's act of kindness is to carry some food gift cards in your car to pass out to the homeless people we so often see, but don't see at the same time. I really love this idea. I have no idea how or why a person is on the street, but I don't have to know why in order to show God's love. 1 John 3:18 says, "Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth." It's one thing to feel bad about something, or to say how sad a situation is, but it means so much more when you do something about it. I go to Burger King every Friday with my grade level team (exciting, I know). This Friday, I plan on buying some gift cards to put in my glove box, so I can do just that!
Visit Julie's blog and get some ideas on how you can brighten someone's day!

1 comment:

  1. I love the gift card idea! I also love your quote of 1 John 3:18; ever since I chose it to memorize last month, it's become my favorite. It's definitely words to live by!

    ReplyDelete