Saturday, August 11, 2012

Sew Crafty Saturday: Scrappy Tutu




I've made many tulle tutus my day, but this was my first fabric tutu. It was a fun and easy project. One of the tutorials I saw said the tutu could be spot cleaned, but not go in the washing machine. What? Does this person not have children? So, I used pinking shears to cut around the entire strip; now it won't fray in the wash. Then I attached them to some elastic with a slip knot. The girls helped me by sorting the long and short strips into piles, and putting them into ABC patterns. I am a Kindergarten teacher, after all!




4 comments:

  1. I love the one with the baby delighting in the tulle. He's got such a happy smile xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooo cute!! Thank so much for linking up!

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  3. i guess iris is no longer camera shy!! love her model poses! cute tutus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics! You are the most creative mommy I know! Adorable models too!

    ReplyDelete