Monday, May 25, 2015

Open House









 
Open House at the girls' school is very exciting for me, not only because I get to see their amazing school work, but I also get great ideas for my own classroom. Lilly was so proud of her writing portfolio, how she illustrated the cover to look like a real diary, and filled up the entire book. Lilly couldn't wait to show us her Warhead writing and self portrait, and her teacher set out sour Warhead candies for everyone to try. Lilly loved our sour faces, and laughed when Henry spit his out on the floor. Technology was evident throughout both rooms. QR codes were everywhere. Lilly's "chatterpix" biography was hilarious.
Kindergarten is bittersweet for me. It's such a magical year. Iris has grown so much; she is not nearly as shy, has tons of sweet friends, and has learned a ton. She was so proud to show us her farm animal projects (all three), her computer projects, her 3D shapes made out of candy, and the life cycle projects. When she handed me my Mother's Day gift, I choked up a bit. I can hardly believe in a few short months a first grader and third grader will be living in our home!
 


1 comment:

  1. love open house! boo to our school for not loving it!

    ReplyDelete