Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Wee-One Wednesday: Little Miss Manners

I often tease about Lilly’s boldness, loudness, and all around love for life. Lately, however my little outspoken toddler has turned into Little Miss Manners.
At Target to a complete stranger: “Hi, I’m Lilly. What’s your name?”
Lady: “Minnie.”
Lilly: “Nice to meet you.”
On the same trip, she sang Ring Around the Rosey and the ABC song as loud as she could smiling at everyone who looked her way.
When she wakes up to Grammy and Papa and we are at work: “Thank you for coming over.”
After they left: “I love you too. Please come over tomorrow.”
To me at the computer: “Excuse me Mommy, will you dance with me?”
To a salesman at the door: “Would you like to come in my house?”
After Dan BBQed dinner: “Did you make dinner, Daddy?”
Dan: “Yes, Lilly.”
Lilly: “Thank you for making dinner. It’s yummy.”
To Grandma: "Excuse me, can you come into my room?"
Iris fussing in her swing: "It’s ok, Baby Iris” and turns on the music for her.
The thank yous, excuse mes, and I love yous go on and on, so I guess she’s not that terrible of a two after all.

2 comments:

  1. i love the way you wrote this entry!! she is such a doll and i love that she is like no other kid, so special and unique!! i want to run into her at a store just to hear the loud singing. you are such a great family. and what a cutie iris is turning into. i miss our playdates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lilly sings all the time and every audience loves it, we were in sam's club and she was singing "keep on dancin" (gwen stefani) one of the workers yelled out-you sing it girl! i am so proud of my out going granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete