Monday, September 20, 2010

Misc. Monday: Joyful Heart

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior."
Habakkuk 3:17-18

We heard this passage at church yesterday and Dan and I were blown away with the author's perspective. What a joyful heart! We live in a fallen world. Bad things are going to happen to us in our lives. God loves us so much that he gives us free will; having faith in Him is up to us. I love the analogy of the proud husband who knows out of all the men in the world, his wife chose him. It wouldn't mean as much if she were programmed to love him. God wants us to choose him. Knowing that I will be in heaven someday in the perfect presence of my loving Father makes life's atrocities not only bearable, but insignificant. Now I just need to remember this when I am in the thick of it!

2 comments:

  1. oh you've know idea how much I needed to hear this today! Thank You SO Much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true! I love that you share the great lessons God is teaching you. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete