Monday, April 29, 2013

Misc. Monday: Slowing Down







Yesterday, was our 6th "unplugged Sunday" with no TV or iPads. We have really enjoyed carving out this family time. I have been feeling led to slow down a bit and enjoy all that God has blessed me with. I've been blogging a little less, reading my Bible a little more, and spending time with the people I love. We planted squash, tomatoes, and some herbs in the garden this weekend, took family photos, read lots of books, played outside, danced, ran errands... I yelled a little less, and heard a lot more "pleases" and thank yous." Today, when I picked Lilly up from school, we went straight to the park for a picnic lunch. It was perfect. The kids ran around, I practiced taking pictures of them, and my mom showed up to surprise us.

1 comment:

  1. I love the "unplugged" concept. Now I have to convince all of the iaddicts I have in my house!

    ReplyDelete