Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wee_Ones Wednesday: Dogs


I often lament about how much I dislike our dogs. It's nothing personal. It's just the need to be fed, the poop in the yard, shedding hair, barking, wanting to go out at night to pee, and constantly bringing dirt into the house that drives me nuts. With three small children, two dogs feel like twenty! And right when I'm at my wits end, this happens... the big one lets Hendricks crawl all over him, and the little one sits on command for Lilly. Iris plays fetch with Bickel, while trying to turn Punkin into a circus dog. The kids laugh and play with them as if they were members of the family, and I slow down only to realize that they are, so I guess I won't be leaving the gate open after all.

3 comments:

  1. Animals definitely have a place in our lives. Me, I like wild birds :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dogs are wonderful....but a lot of work! Love Hendricks loving on his dog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your writing! the last sentence killed me! luv to see your personality shine here.

    ReplyDelete