Saturday, October 12, 2013

Sew Crafty Saturday: Hop Hop, Squawk


I am completely finished with Iris' pink bunny Halloween costume request. I am loving the new glitter tulle that Michaels is now carrying, except that it was all over the house and kids for days! I supersized a tutorial on how to make a pom pom for the tail, and love how it turned out. She wants to wear the pink ears of course, while I prefer the white ones... We'll see who wins out on the 31st.
I perused a few peacock costumes on Pinterest for Lilly to get some ideas. She loves the felt feathers and was so impressed that I didn't use a pattern. Haha. Real feathers were way too expensive, so I'm going to take apart some earrings that Dan bought me years ago, but I was never brave enough to wear, to make her a head piece. I have plans to turn the teal tulle into a cascading tail feather, but am not quite sure how I'm going to attach it to the skirt, so her costume is still a work in progress. It's been really fun making the girls' costume dreams come to life. They are so excited and are making me feel pretty cool right now! I'm sure it's only a matter of time before they let me know just how uncool I really am.

2 comments:

  1. so impressed! i could never attempt this. reminds me of my childhood. my mom made a lot of my costumes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, I love your ideas. The girls will look adorable. Can't wait to see Hendricks' costume :)

    ReplyDelete