Friday, December 26, 2014

Christmas Eve


 









 
 
Christmas Eve is steeped in traditions for us. I've spent Christmas Eve with my dad since my parents divorced when I was a little girl, and that tradition continues today with my family.  When we get back home, we eat a simple dinner, read about the birth of Jesus Christ from Luke, leave out cookies for Santa, magic oats for his reindeer, and a special key that lets Santa into our house. I know it is against the rules, but we hug and hold Buddy (our elf) as we say good-bye to him. We snuggle up together and watch Charlie Brown's Christmas, and we remember that although we love the gifts Santa brings, we love the gift of Jesus even more!
 


1 comment:

  1. looks like you had a wonderful xmas eve! they all look so excited.

    ReplyDelete