Saturday, January 7, 2012

Sew Crafty Saturday: Fox Quilt



I am officially 32 weeks pregnant and we are well on our way to moving the girls into the same room, and putting together our son's nursery. It has been crazy over here. I didn't realize just how much work this whole process was going to be, and the baby isn't even here yet! Dan put FLOR carpet tiles in the girls' room over vacation, and I went through all the girls' old clothes (keeping some to make a baby clothes quilt for each & crying along the way). He built the bunk beds today, and I've promised myself that I would finish the baby's quilt this weekend. I'm so excited by how it looks so far. I saw the fox image on a cupcake topper, and drew it out free hand to make the pattern for the applique. All I have to do now is attach the front to the back and add the ties. I can do it! His foxy nursery is really coming together in my head. It's going to be awesome. I can't wait to share it with you!
There have been times lately that Dan and I have asked each other what we were thinking. We are so excited to meet this little guy, yet change is hard. Seeing the bunk beds built just reminds us that the girls are growing up. Lilly and Iris are getting along so well, and have been so much fun lately. I can not even imagine how someone else is going to fit into our lives. At the same time, I can't imagine not having another baby. I always wanted a big family and I can not wait to see his sweet face. I know that he is going to be such a blessing to us. Eight weeks is not a long time. I wonder if there is anything we should do before all our lives change forever (for the better, of course)...

5 comments:

  1. Ooohh I LOVE that fox.. I'm so jealous of anyone who can just quickly sketch something like that.. Do we get to see a pic of the finished quilt??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun theme for a nursery! Good luck with the rest of the baby prep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fox! I'm on a real fox kick at the moment and I can't get enough of sewn foxes! He is so cute and this quilt looks so cosy. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! the quilt looks so nice. can't wait to meet him! he is a lucky little guy to be born in a house filled with so much love. you are going to have so much fun with him around. can't wait to hear the tales.

    ReplyDelete