Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just Because

I decided to take Lilly out for frozen yogurt tonight, just the two of us (working mom guilt). As we were sitting there chit chatting, she said that she needed to give me a kiss. I blew one to her from across the table and she told me, "No, I need to get out of my chair." She climbed down and came around the table, kissed me on the lips and said, "Thank you for taking me to the ice cream store." I just about cried right there on the spot. We had a little left and she told me she wanted to take some home to Daddy to share on the couch. She said we wouldn't be "too messy." As I buckled her into the car seat, she said, "I love you Mommy." Seriously, I can't make this stuff up! I just pray she always loves me like she does now.

2 comments:

  1. Of course she will always love you like she does now because you are her mommy :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great memory. and yes leslie is dead on right!! always and forever

    ReplyDelete