Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wee-Ones Wednesday: SShhhh....


I'm going to whisper because I'm almost afraid to write this out loud. I don't knock on wood or believe in jinxes, yet I'm a little nervous to admit that life in the Michael house has been relatively...perfect. Just this week, Iris has begun to walk more, she kisses (open mouthed of course) like crazy, enjoys books, taps her mouth and makes noise like a Lost Boy in Peter Pan, and her dance moves show what great taste she has in music.
Lilly has been nothing but obedient, independent, apologetic, empathetic, and sweet. She's full of, "OK, I'll wait," "I'm sorry," "I'll try harder next time," "I understand," "Can I please..." No joke, no lie, no exaggeration. Dan and I have been blown away by this transformation. We have to admit that we started reading the book Parenting Your Strong Willed Child when we were in Palm Springs. It is a 5 week behavior plan and we are currently in week three. It is pretty intense, and we do not follow all the steps and exercises, but it has definitely given us some helpful tips and ideas.
So, shhh, don't tell anyone...

1 comment:

  1. I just love Iris reading her books.... she looks so interested in them.

    ReplyDelete