Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wee-One Wednesday: Beachtime




Dan had an appointment in Dana Point Saturday morning, so the girls and I decided to tag along. After we dropped him off, I asked Lilly what she wanted to do and she said she wanted to go the beach. Now, I am not really a beach person... I mean, have you seen my skin? I'm afraid Iris will fry on the spot or get freckles in five minutes flat. Anyway, it was a nice cool day, so I decided to give it a shot and I'm glad I did. We had so much fun. I was secretly proud of myself for attempting it alone. We didn't stay very long, but Lilly had a blast. She made "sand angels" (her idea, of course). I had a hat in the car, so my Iris did not melt. She even seemed to enjoy her first time. I avoided the beach all last summer, but I have a feeling we may end up there this summer and I think I'm OK with that!

1 comment:

  1. It is good you are excited, but Kindergarten kids can't do Karaoke. (a tear)

    ReplyDelete