Saturday, October 15, 2011

Sew Crafty Saturday: Baby Boy Nursery


The new little guy is going to be moving into Lilly’s room, and Lilly will be joining her little sister. Transforming Lilly’s room into a room suitable for a boy, while maintaining the mural I painted on the wall, has been on my mind a lot lately. Dan and Lilly are adamant that it does not get painted over! So the mural will stay, but instead of yellow walls, we will paint the walls the sky blue color found in the mural.


Thanks to my sister, I think I finally have a plan. Both girls have their own animals we have been collecting for them since they were babies. Their rooms are not “theme-y,” yet their chosen animal is displayed throughout. Lilly’s initials are LAM, so it was an easy choice. Vintage lambs adorn her room, while Iris’ room is filled with deer and fawns.




Here’s where my sweet sister fits in... She sent me a text just this morning saying, “I think the new baby’s animal should be a fox.” I hopped on Etsy and boy is she right! Just look at the wall decal that can be added to the base of the mural. There is tons of gorgeous wall art out there, and I’m even thinking of making the crib bedding myself. I think I can make a quilt with a giant fox appliqué on it, don’t you? Oh, I am beyond excited!! I can see it now. I can't wait to share both room's transformations with you all.
Thanks, Penny! Love you!!
*All fox images can be found on my Pinterest board "for the little guy."

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the fox, what a cute idea. you should totally keep the mural, it's so cute and would still make sense in a boy's room. This part is so fun. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! So happy to get your email this morning telling me he's a boy! I missed it in the busyness of the redesign launch this week. I love foxes and think they will fit in perfectly with that beautiful mural you painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet. can't wait to see your ideas come to life.

    ReplyDelete