Saturday, September 15, 2012

Sew Crafty Saturday: Baby Boy Tie



I made Hendricks this tie using one of Dan's old ties (not old since it had a tag from Banana Republic still attached to it, but old since my hubby never wore it and was only too happy to donate it to the baby)!
I searched may ways to make one, and liked this one the best. I had Dan knot the tie using the smaller underside, tried it on Henry, then cut off the excess. I sewed it down with a very rough stitch where it cut off the bulk of the tie. Next, I cut the neck open and used a zig zag stitch to attach some elastic. This way it can be easily slipped over his head, without undoing the knot that I already sewed down. My plan is for him to wear it in his 6 month pics.
Help!!  I really like my babies to wear the bare minimum at this age to show off their fat and dimpled limbs.The question now is, does he wear the tie naked with only a diaper or over a white onesie? What do you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment