Monday, March 18, 2013

Misc. Monday: Ressurrection Eggs



With Easter two weeks away, I wanted to remind the girls what Easter is all about. Easter celebrates the miracle of Jesus coming back to life after being crucified on the cross. It is not a celebration of springtime, and although the Easter bunny does leave our children Easter baskets, I want them to know the Easter bunny is just a fun addition to this most sacred time. Can you even imagine allowing your child to die for the sake of someone else? I thank God every day that he was able to do something for me that I could never do for myself. What love, what grace!
So tomorrow we will open our first Resurrection egg, and continue, one day at a time until Easter. Each day holds a small symbol in its egg (bread, thorns, nails, a sponge), and a corresponding Bible verse in the pocket on the bottom of the egg carton. The final egg will be empty because Jesus wasn't there in the tomb! The miracle above all miracles. We will slow down and remember what Jesus has done for us.
(You can find all the instructions for the Resurrection eggs on my holiday board on Pinterest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment