Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wee-Ones Wednesday: Snow Babies



 
 














 
 

You know when you realize you are having a perfect day, time seems to stand still for the briefest moment, and you try to etch the image into your mind, so you won't forget it? Last Saturday, was that kind of day. I wanted to take the kids to the snow at least once this year to see it and touch it. Dan took it one step further and enrolled them in private lessons at the Burton sponsored, children's snowboard park at Bear Mountain. He was so excited; I couldn't help but worry for him. Chances that this would go well were slim. They would probably cry, whine, and complain the entire time, but I was hopeful...
Well, the day exceeded my wildest dreams. The girls were amazing! They had a blast, never complained, and were kind to each other the entire time. Their teacher was a doll. I about died when he said, "Let's strap in, and practice our 180s." They got braver and braver as the day went on. They told him they wanted to go up on the chairlift. I couldn't believe it. They had to go one at a time, so while one girl rode up with Adam, the other got to have a snowball fight with Daddy. Perfect!
Baby Hendricks was not too fond of the snow, however. It was too cold to the touch, and too bright to look at. His eyes were closed in every picture because the glare was just too much for him. After awhile, he fell asleep in the Ergo carrier and all was well. I was so in love with my little family. I always am, but it can be easy to forget amid the laundry, fighting, dishes, spilled paint, baths, screaming, and every day tediousness. Days like Saturday, recharge the soul, and I am so grateful for them.

2 comments:

  1. I love that the girls are learning! The photos tell it all. Looks likes great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! awesome! jealous! going to show jason now.

    ReplyDelete