Saturday, May 11, 2013

Sew Crafty Saturday: Where Mother's Day & Pinterest Meet





 
The girls made some platters for Mother's Day for their three grandma's and me. I used the Sharpie technique that I found on Pinterest. Lilly did all the writing, Iris drew the pictures, and I baked the platters at 350 degrees for a half hour to set the ink. Apparently, if you hand wash them, the images will stay forever. They are super cute! I had a hard time deciding which one to keep for myself.




 
We also made some small bowls using air dry clay, metal letter stamps, and all three kids' thumbprints. I envisioned them being placed by the kitchen sink and holding rings while grandmother's washed their hands. The bowls turned out all right. I smoothed the edges down a bit with an emery board after they dried. It was a bit harder than I thought it would be. They are cute, but I'm not sure how useful they will be... Either way, I know they will be loved. These were the gifts from the kids, Dan and my gifts for our mother's were purchased of course! It was so much fun crafting and creating with the kids and we have tons more Pinterest projects we want to try this summer. Happy Mother's Day! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment