Monday, January 18, 2010

Misc. Monday: Five Years





Dan and I went to Las Vegas for our five year anniversary. It was our first time going together and we had so much fun. We decided to fly in order to not waste valuable babysitting time. My mom kindly volunteered to watch the girls here, and even had dinner ready for us when we arrived home. Gotta love her! Penny even loaned me some fancy dresses.
Dan sent me the most beautiful flowers before we left filled with red roses, white iris', and stargazer lilies and he surprised me while we were there with a gorgeous anniversary band filled with little diamonds. It matches my wedding band perfectly!
We ate at the best restaurants (Mon Ami Gabi, Olives, and Bouchon)and went to the Beatles LOVE show at the Mirage. It was amazing! We ate raw beef over poletta and baby greens, covered with shredded Parmesan cheese (surprisingly fantastic), yummy steak with the best Bearnaise sauce I have ever had, bread pudding inspired apple french toast, and chicken with bacon chive waffles with vanilla infused butter. We also ordered 3 desserts at one time because we couldn't decide. There was an amazing bakery outside the Mandarin Oriental (we stayed in the one in San Fran for our honeymoon) where we had vanilla custard covered in a nest of spun sugar; we even took a red velvet cupcake back to our hotel from there. Seriously, my taste buds are so sad to come back home! We are so blessed, refreshed, and in love!!

2 comments:

  1. Your new banner is beautiful. Amy is very talented! Sounds like you had a fab time in Vegas! Good for you, you both deserve it. Love the fancy dresses! J wants to know how you remember so many details about all of the food you ate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It looks like it was a great trip. I think I gained a few pounds just reading about that amazing food! Good pictures too. I especially like the one at the table with the serious looking guy in the background. He looks like one of those guys that purposely crashes other people's pictures. Anyway, glad you guys had a good time!

    ReplyDelete