Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sew Crafty Sunday: Beachy Bathroom







Our front bathroom has never really gotten the attention it deserved. I've been wanting to paint it, but abhor painting small spaces with tons of edges. I bought a purple, vintage chalkware fish awhile ago and have recently decided to decorate revolving around that little fish. I sewed some ocean themed fabric onto some towels, put up a children's book illustration, bought a beta, and dug out all the shells I could find. My two favorite additions came just last weekend. Dan found these vintage paint by numbers in Out of Vogue (a vintage shop in downtown Fullerton) and I saw a shell wreath for $45 in a cute boutique, and decided to make my own. It cost me only $5. I used shells I had, some plaster of paris, and I used a Michaels coupon to buy the wreath form. I am so happy with how the bathroom has turned out,that I don't think I have to paint after all!

1 comment: