Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wee-Ones Wednesday: Surrender


She spends an hour a day (all together) taking her breathing treatments.

I never thought this would be what I used my refinished dresser for!
 Most of you know, Iris was admitted to the hospital again last Friday. We were released Sunday morning, and were grateful to be going home. The first time all this happened, I was so strong. I was running on adrenaline and no sleep. I documented the event as if it were something we, as a family, could check off a list of "been there - done that." It never crossed my mind that you could return to the hospital two weeks later. I was angry with her doctors and plenty scared. She looked and sounded so bad. We had follow-up appointment with her pediatrician the day after we were released, and it left me very frustrated. Her doctor said she has asthma, gave me some literature to read, and sent me on my way. Reading through everything and realizing that we/they have no idea what caused her severe attacks scares me. We are her parents and we are here to protect her! Why aren't they telling us how to avoid this? To skip ahead a bit, I have since spoken to her doctor on the phone, and realize that Iris can't be subjected to tests until she is well.
So I have to be patient; I have to surrender her to the Lord. He has a plan. It is not my plan. I am not in control. I am crying as I write theses words. It is so hard... Jesus said, "Come to me all who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28

2 comments:

  1. Ughh! This Breaks my heart! Please know the Ibarras are praying and we are spreading the word to pray for your sweet Iris. She is covered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, dear friend. Keep giving your burdens to Jesus. He is the only one who can heal and bring comfort. Love you.

    ReplyDelete