Monday, May 16, 2011

Misc. Monday: KCWC Part II






Now I hope you didn't think I forgot about sweet, baby Iris during the kids clothes week challenge. She was taking a nap during our last photo shoot. Besides, I still had a few days of sewing left! I made her a different version of the classic pillow case dress using a vintage pillow case I found at the Pasadena City College flea market. (I love that place.) I also made the girls some matching corduroy skirts. They started out as little jumpers, but I could never get them to fit right, so I cut off the top. I really wish I could follow directions! It's funny, a few of my friends love doing "The Great Urban Race." I think these little sewing challenges are my version of running through cities, looking for clues, and feeling triumphant at the finish line!

3 comments:

  1. yes sewing is exactly that... great finish. the colors of the skirts and top are so pretty on both Lilly and Iris. But I have to tell you, that little red headed angel in her dress is a vision..........you cannot help to smile when you see her! G'ma loves you Iris and yes to the moon and back, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Michelle. Iris looks amazing in the white dress and Lilly is the perfect model...looking over her shrugged shoulder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pillowcase dress! I've been wanting to make some to put up on my webstore.
    Sooooo adorable!

    ReplyDelete