Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wee-Ones Wednesday: Typical Day





Today is Wednesday, so I dropped Lilly off at preschool at 7:30am, and proceeded on to my school, where some 4th grade girls were excited to help me out. I got them situated, barely said hello to my co-workers, unlocked the gate to let in the kids, answered a few questions, water colored, drew, broke up a few fights, dried some tears, read, hugged, cleaned tables, finished the Kindergarten scrapbooks, said good-bye to my students, talked to my most reliable mom about the party next week, planned with my team, and drove home. When Iris woke up, we all went outside to play. The girls had a blast with the bubble machine and buckets of water. They got filthy. Dan hung lanterns in the avocado tree. I mentioned that if we are not going to have another baby, we should get chickens. I went back inside, talked on the phone to my mom & made dinner; we ate outside. We cleaned up the kitchen, put the girls in the tub, gave Iris her breathing treatment while watching a Veggie Tale video. I'm now on the computer, blogging and looking at the Nordstrom sale.
Then Dan will brush their teeth. I will read books, pray, sing songs, and tell stories. We will close their doors and look at each other, have to laugh, eat ice cream, and watch TV. I will wake up on the couch with Dan telling me it's time to go to bed. Next thing I know, the sun will be up, and here we go! Does this sound like your Wednesday? I'm sure it does!

2 comments:

  1. and from one mom to another ...

    PRICELESS !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that made me tired. And chickens, really? I'd push for babies personally.

    ReplyDelete