Friday, April 27, 2012

Fab Find Friday: $$ Saving

Dan and I have decided that I am going to work three days a week next year. With three small children, I couldn't be more excited! Our monthly expenses as of now will still be the same since Iris is going to start preschool, so we are not exactly sure how it will work out, but we've prayed a lot about the decision, and feel like it is the right thing to do. That being said, I know some things are going to have to change. We are thinking of getting rid of our land line for the home phone, and possibly cable. We have heard that Hulu Plus is a great way to go for TV.
I've also started reading, The Money Saving Mom's Budget by Crystal Paine. It's full of great money saving tips (that are not too crazy) and ways to streamline your household spending. She explains how to use coupons without being a nut who drives to five stores in one day. Her blog is amazing and filled with printable coupons that you can use at many stores in your area. I realize that it may sound like I'm being paid to endorse this woman, but I promise you that I'm not.  :) I am just so excited to be able to save our family some money when we are going to be losing some. Coupons are basically free $$, so why wouldn't you use them?
All the proceeds of her book go to Compassion International which I didn't know when I got the book, but was excited to learn since we have two children we sponsor (one in Africa and one in Thailand). We have no plans to stop doing so, and are going to keep on supporting our church. Giving is an important lesson we want to model to our children. I'm so excited about finding her blog and book that I had to share them with you! I will give you some updates from time to time as to how it is going, and which of her tips I apply to our household budget as we take this new journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment