Saturday, July 28, 2012

Sew Crafty Saturday: Windy Kites






Besides the paper airplane mobile, these kites are by far my favorite craft I made for my sister's baby shower. Dan made me some simple frames using wooden dowels, and I cut and pieced together some fabric for two of the kites, leaving the smallest one a solid color. I used coated wire for the tail and hot glue gunned the pretty little ties into place. I love how they turned out, and am planning on making one (or some) for Henry's room now.

Sidenote: My sweet nephew, Samuel Joseph, was born Friday morning, and I had the pleasure of witnessing the miracle of his birth. My sister was amazing, under 5 hours of labor & 2 pushes and he was out!

1 comment:

  1. The kites are so cute! And congrats on a new little nephew!

    ReplyDelete