Monday, November 4, 2013

Misc. Monday: Task Charts





I recently revamped our chore/task chart system. The old one was beautiful, but a bit too involved and the girls had to wait a week for feedback, which was way too long. My girlfriend, Amy of themombot, created a simple flip chart for her 4 year old. She inspired me to come up with a new system. I had the girls draw pictures for their daily task, so they had a clear understanding of what is expected of them. The girls receive one ticket for each task completed. As a family, we came up with things they can trade their tickets in for. I noticed that this made them much more excited. We've been using this system for three weeks now and they have used their tickets to go to the library, walk to Yogurtland, and "purchase" candy.

1 comment:

  1. Obviously, I love this :) And I love the ticket system and "serving with a joyful heart" ... mia could have used that reminder today when she threw an hour long fit about cleaning her room!! :)

    ReplyDelete