Monday, August 30, 2010

Misc. Monday: Marbles

We started using a marble jar for Lilly. Lots of teachers use them in their classrooms. It's a pretty simple concept that reinforces positive behavior. Every time she does something good, we put a marble in the jar and when it fills up, she gets a small prize.  We came up with the rules together as a family. My favorite of Lilly's is, "Don't squish Iris." We wrote all our house rules on the chalkboard. Don't get me wrong; she still gets time outs and loses privileges, but I kinda felt like that was all we were doing. She has responded beautifully to her marble jar and it is amazing what she will do for a marble. She loves the attention and the praise for making good choices and we love not having to punish her constantly! She is making us very proud.  I found the jar label at livinglocurto.

3 comments:

  1. gosh you make it sound like Lilly is the worst 3 1/2 year old kid ever, always gets punished for one thing and another, i can honestly say her mommy and daddy do a good job and Lilly is a very good girl. i could not be any happier for the grand daughter she is and will become. G'ma and G'pa love her very much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i am such a bad friend! I miss the girls. I do not recognize Lilly. She is so tall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I will be stealing that one some day...

    ReplyDelete