Monday, October 18, 2010

Misc. Monday: Crafting W/Kids




Yesterday, (the day after our little boutique-I know what some of you are thinking), we had some of the neighborhood kids over to our house to do a little crafting. My "four feathered friends" brought their children and came to help. I got the craft idea from my friend, Cindy, at work. The original instructions were a bit too involved for me, so of course I scrapped them and did it my way. What child can wait for black paint and Elmer's glue to dry? Instead, I used black plastic plates (prettier & sturdier), glue dots (strong & no drying time), and a paint marker in order to have instant gratification. I got all the supplies at the Dollar Store. Dan though the craft was a bit hokey, but even the older children got into it. It was so fun to see how different all of the spiders turned out. Some even had eight eyes. I baked some cookies-premade dough of course,  and took out some old Halloween napkins from my party stash. It was so fun and easy. Why don't you have a holiday "crafting with kids" in your neighborhood?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting, the craft turned out cute and we had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how much the older kids got into it even though they thought they were there to "help"! haha! craftin will get you everytime...

    ReplyDelete