Monday, February 4, 2013

Misc. Monday: Best Friend


Lilly came home from school today with a "best friend" bracelet. You know, the one that is broken in half and you put the two halves together when you see that special friend? Her name is Kloie. They met in Kindergarten, and they are in the same class at church. (How cool is that?) She's a good girl. I'm happy for them. They are so sweet together. Yet, it made me choke up a bit. It's the dawn of a new era: outside influences, new firsts, decisions to be made, growing up. It starts small, sometimes you don't even notice it... but our babies are getting ready to leave us a tiny bit each and every day. Today, I noticed it and it made me smile through my tears. She chose well, and I'm happy she has a best friend.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, babies grow up and leave, but then, one day you wake up and you are a grandmother :)

    ReplyDelete