Monday, February 18, 2013

Misc. Monday: XO Day








Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. It is no stress. I love all the cheerful decorations, and we have created some wonderful traditions over the years. Dan always gives me a dozen red roses in the morning, and gives one to each girl. (He informed me this year that I will have to do something for the boy next year). We always have heart-y food throughout the day. This year, I made heart cinnamon rolls for breakfast and we had the heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's Take and Bake again. Something new I added this year was that I wrote out compliments on different colored hearts and taped them to their bathroom mirror. They  I will definitely do that again. But my favorite tradition is the scavenger hunt. This year, Lilly read the clues out loud to Iris as they went searching for their treats. Hendricks followed along, never quite keeping up. I can't wait for next year when he's running circles around those two!

2 comments:

  1. I agree...the joy of this holiday is the low stress. I love those valentine bags. I wished I jumped on that band wagon when you girls got them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, your blog is so precious. There is so much love in the air!

    ReplyDelete