Monday, September 2, 2013

Misc. Monday: Favorite Things Party






I am in a book club that meets once a month, and I absolutely love it! We eat yummy snacks, talk about our crazy families, drink wine, and even discuss the book we have all read for a little bit! I've always been an avid reader, and having friends who share this passion, are willing to trade books and make recommendations is a real treat. 
Our friendships have grown to be so much more than books, we've gotten together for many play dates, and tonight we are having a "favorite things" party. I've heard about them for awhile, and am so excited to be attending one. The idea is to bring 5 of your favorite things, and go home with 5 different faves. I gave my favorite things a lot of thought. I found a sweet printable on Pinterest (you can find it on my printable board). I filled a box with not one, but a few of my favorite thing, and even tied the box up with string (gotta love the Sound of Music reference). Here is the tag I put inside each box. It was so much fun putting them together. I can't wait for tonight!


          a few of my favorite things:
           1. Bit 1. bit o honey = so yummy
           2. Dr. Pepper lip balm, been using since I was 12
           3. Avett Brothers I and Love and You = awesome
           4. Book plates from Anthropologie, so pretty
           5. Sprinkles makes everything better
           6. Flower broach makes sweaters sweeter
           7. $1 must be used @ McDonalds drive thru for 1
            soft serve cone when youre ALONE! (my fave secret)
           8. La Croix grapefruit = favorite nonalcoholic drink

                    ENJOY!!!! 



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this post! And I LOVE that we have had a chance to get to know each other through book club. And I LOVE even more how much thought you put into your sweet gifts. We are definitely ready for another play date soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so fun! i've always wanted to go to one, but have no idea what my fav things are! you did an amazing job! luv, luv, luv it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved everything in your box and am so excited to have another awesome redhead in my life that enjoys so many of the same things as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is new for me, but I love it! I want to go to a "Favorites" party. What a great way to get to know a person better. BTW...I love that sparkling grapefruit drink too! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete