Saturday, September 28, 2013

Sew Crafty Saturday: October

print on my holiday pinterest board.

their 1st Halloweens.

couldn't part with this 12 month baby tee, so it became decor

1 of 2 new buntings

Target memory game I found on clearance after Halloween last year, stitched it together with a needle and thread.

boo-tiful ghost of iris' foot from last crafty playdate. print from pinterest.

love our seasonal typewriter

letters from pinterest. 3 grey honeycomb balls on clearance from Target's wedding section
October is here and Halloween is fast approaching. I say "fast approaching" because I'm making part of the girls costumes this year. Iris wants to be a pink bunny, with a pink tutu. Since when do bunnies wear tutus? And out of no where, Lilly says she wants to be a peacock. I'm a little excited because it's been quite awhile since I made them anything, and they asked me to make their costumes which means they don't think I'm a nerd yet. 
They are so excited for another holiday, that we took out the Halloween tubs last week and started decorating. The girls love to get involved and did a great job helping this year.
I had a few hours last Tuesday when everyone was getting along and happy, so I had a chance to whip up a few new buntings with some old fabric I found in a tub of decorations. It was so fun to hear my sewing machine run. After some time, all three kiddos showed up in my room. Iris and Hendricks rode the exercise bike, Lilly read, and they let me sew until I was done. It was a small miracle, I tell you!
The year before last, I hosted a small crafty, preschool playdate for Halloween. It was so much fun and the littles were super cute! Realizing that Iris is going into kindergarten next year, I really want to do it again before it's too late... Whoohoo. Let Octoberfest begin!

3 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your blogs. You are so creative, and craft saavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired by your seasonal decorating. I am SO bad at this.
    Please, please can we be invited to your 2013 crafty preschool playdate?!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have motivated me to get out those decorations! Love the Halloween printout

    ReplyDelete