Monday, May 21, 2012

Misc. Monday: Easy Berry Cobbler



Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve been baking quite a lot lately. Nothing too fancy, but yummy none the less. I’m super fond of cake box cookies. I have the simple recipe memorized and haven’t made the same cookies twice. You can use any cake box you wish, 2 eggs, a little less than ½ a cup of vegetable oil (original recipe calls for ½ a cup, but that was too much for me), and any mix-ins you want. Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes and enjoy. Some of our favorites are yellow cake mix cookies with oatmeal and chocolate chips and chocolate cake mix cookies with Reese’s Pieces. Yum!

Last night, I made a super easy berry cobbler that I found on Lulu the Baker. Of course, I didn’t follow the recipe exactly: Spray some cooking spray on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish; add any berries you wish (I didn’t measure mine) and a squeeze of a lemon. Mix up 1 cup sugar with one cup flour and one egg. Then melt a stick of butter and pour on top. Her recipe calls for 6 tablespoons, but a stick is 8 tbs... I figured what’s 2 more? Bake at 375 for 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes, add ice cream, and gobble up!

No comments:

Post a Comment