Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sew Crafty Saturday: Baby Dedication








Next weekend is "baby dedication weekend" at our church, and we are so excited that Hendricks will be a part of it. We invited family and a few close friends to come to church with us as we promise to share God's love with Henry and teach him all about Jesus Christ. After the service, we invited everyone back to our house for a light dinner and dessert.
Today, I spent some time decorating for the event. It was strange for me to decorate for a little boy. I didn't want the decor to be too feminine or flowery, so I decided to use rope for the garland and tied some fabric scraps to it. I really like how it turned out. I also added some white, paper balls that hang over my sewing machine to the garland. Next, I focused on the ever changing console table. I added a fox and an "H" to a spring wreath I made last year, wrote him a letter in the typewriter, and filled the frames with the invitation and a special Bible verse. The little banner above was super easy too. I die cut the letters and attached them to pieces of a cardboard box. All of this cost me $2 (the cost of the letter H)! How's that for thrifty?

1 comment: