Saturday, June 1, 2013

Sew Crafty Saturday: Summah Time



I have had no time to do anything "extra" for quite awhile now, between finishing up the craziness that is the end of my school year, Dan's end of the year, dance recitals, plays, talent shows, parties, & so on.  But guess what, folks... SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!! (The rest of the fam still has 2 weeks to go, but I'm ok with that. A little alone time never hurt anybody. wink wink). I just whipped up a little quilt top for the boy. It's super cute. I've had the charm packs for over a year now, and it felt so good to use them up and actually make something. I still have to baste it, quilt it, and bind it, but I don't care. At least I did something!

 I have a summer crafting list a mile long that includes turning this library card system into a coffee table that houses craft supplies, finishing Henry's scrapbook, using a friend's quilt machine in her garage to finish off the biggest quilt top I've ever made (last summer) that my sewing machine could not handle, embellishing tons of dishtowels and throwing yucky ones out, completing our 2012 family photo album on Shutterfly. And I really want to teach Lilly how to hand sew this summer. Let the fun begin!

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea that you were a quilter. Can we please chat about this next time we see each other. I am a beginning sewer and LOVE IT!!! I have made a couple of quilts for some friends and I have fallen in love. I had grand ambitions of creating a quilt a month and have successfully finish 0. So, needless to say I would love to hear any tips or tricks you might possess.

    ReplyDelete