Friday, July 15, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday: Right @ Home

The frame originally came from Ikea. I love how the three photos look together!


Here's how it looks on the wall. The wall is actually a little alcove, so it's a discreet  & perfect spot.

Since I was writing about family photos, I wanted to show you how the hall to our bedroom is adorned with the girls from year to year.

Our little computer desk is another way I am able to display photos. I love the clipboard because there is no commitment and I can change the pics easily.

I have a string of family and friends hung up on the chalkboard. It's inexpensive, cute, and can be updated at anytime.

I've had these photos for awhile and knew I wanted to group them together somehow. Large frames can be expensive and looking at thrift stores for something specific usually leaves me frustrated. You know how you can stumble across something amazing, but can never find exactly what you are looking for? Single 8x10s can look so small and lonely, and I don't have a bunch of family photos in small frames around the house.

I was sitting on the couch one night this week, and noticed a Paul Grimm print that was living in a perfect frame. It wasn't my favorite, so I asked the hubby if he would mind if I took it out for a while, and by the time he was out of the shower, I had my new picture hung. I was on such a roll that it never occurred to me to take a before picture. I love how the frame transformation turned out. I just stretched fabric over the wooden frame back and secured the photos to the fabric with glue dots and put it right back. My girlfriend stopped by the next day, noticed it right away, and said how great it looked, so I'd say it's a success (and it was free), now that's a fab find!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet!!! Love all the pictures! I am visiting from Making the World Cuter and I am a new follower! I hope you have a great week and I see you around soon!!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete