Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wee-Ones Wednesday: More Summer Fun

One of Lilly's favorite things to do is...

make her cousin laugh!
Here's a few pics of two more summertime fun times. These adventures happen to be with my little sis and sweet, baby Sophia. We just love spending time with them. I know I say it all the time, but man, these girls are growing up quickly.




 One of our latest adventures was visiting Irvine Park. You have to pay to get in because it is a regional park, but their website is full of coupons for all of their fabulous activities, so it's not a big deal.We rode the train and went to the little zoo. Lilly asked me if she could ask the conductor if we could take a picture with him. I was so proud. Later, she asked me if she could feed a goat, only to chicken out after watching me do it. When Iris saw me getting slobbered on, she was all over it, "My turn!" Her laugh at that goat's slobbery kiss was infectious.




Next, we tried out Buccaneer Bay in La Mirada's Splash water park. I'm not a huge fan of water parks; I've spent too may summers taking kids there when I worked at a day care center. Floating hair and band aids gross me out! Yet, I found this one surprisingly clean, small, and organized. It seemed a little expensive to me for a city park, but it's no where near the cost of Raging Waters. The girls loved it. Penny's nieces were kind enough to come and play with the kiddos. We needed it because the girls can't swim yet. The little ones had to wear life jackets which I thought was weird at first, but then quickly appreciated. It's nice because there's things for kids of all ages to do.

3 comments:

  1. so much fun! luv, luv, luv, the pic of iris and the big goat looking at her over the fence. that would freak me out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. summer and days off are the best!!! love the tongues, lilly is too funny-she sure loves to be with her sister iris and cousin sophia !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you have a picture of Iris doing her cute point!

    ReplyDelete