Friday, July 8, 2011

Fabulous Finds Friday: To Make or To Buy?






I sometimes find it discouraging that it can be cheaper to just buy something, than to make it. This has been the summer of window coverings around here. I had the curtains in our bedroom from before I got married and they were long over due to get replaced. My plan all along was to make new ones, but after visiting some local fabric stores and shopping online, I was a bit bummed at the cost yardage was going to set me back. A few days later we were at Ikea, (so Lilly could have her favorite meatballs for lunch) and I walked by these beauties for $14.95 for two panels. That is a steal! I got two packages, replaced the ones over the sliding glass door (not pictured) and this little window too. I had to trim the curtains for the smaller window, and I now have some lace left over for crafting. How fun is that?
Since I was taking pics of  the window, I thought I would show you a few other recent fabulous finds in our bedroom. I reorganized all my jewelry (hoping I would accessorize more often) after purchasing the pretty bird cage at Cost Plus. It was on sale for $19.99 and I had the $10 off $30 coupon, so I couldn't resist! I think the folding ruler is the most charming addition though, and she was only $4 at house 8810. I also got the Moda hankies over the window there too... I just had to get them in order to get free shipping, but I'd say it was a great purchase since I had no use for them when I originally put them in my shopping cart.  Have you ever been to house 8810? It's another fabulous find. Everything in their store is so cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment